Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to Madison Archivists!

I've lived in Madison for a little over two years, and I'm continually amazed by the great group of archivists I've met here, and the many interesting things they're doing, both inside and outside of their work lives. Oddly enough, aside from the archivists and archives students with whom I work, I've met very few of the other archivists who work and live in the Madison area. And of the few I have met, I've met most of them at conferences outside of Madison. Surely, I thought, the archival community in Madison could be strengthened by creating a forum to meet other local archivists and to share information of interest to archivists in the Madison area.

This blog is a forum for all things of interest to archivists in Madison. It's a place to share information, new stories, post events, and to meet your neighbors and fellow archivists. This blog is whatever we decide to make it, and I welcome your contributions!

Note: This blog is not officially sanctioned by any archival organizations or institutions, in Madison or elsewhere. The information and opinions expressed herein are those of the individuals who make them, and not of any organizations to which they might be affiliated.

No comments:

Post a Comment